- Put Everything in Place
Professional chefs call this Mise en Place (Pronounced meez on plahs)
- Before you cook, gather all the tools and equipment you need.
- Gather all the ingredients.
- Wash, trim, cut, prepare, and measure all the ingredients.
- Prepare the equipment—preheat the oven, line baking sheets, etc.
- Now, you’re ready to go!
- To Measure Liquids
- Use a glass measuring cup with measured amount indicated on the side of the cup.
- Place cup on flat surface.
- Look at it at eye level as you fill the cup to the needed line.
- To Measure Dry Ingredients
- Use a measuring cups set.
- The measuring cups will have the measurement on it.
- Spoon or scoop the ingredient lightly into the measuring cup.
- Run a knife across the top of the powder to level the surface.
- Scrape off excess.