- ¾ pound lean ground beef
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 15-ounce can low-sodium diced tomatoes
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ cup grated low-fat cheddar cheese
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Turn the eye of the stove to medium heat. Preheat the skillet.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet. Stir the beef as it cooks to break it into crumbles. This will take about 5 minutes.
- When the ground beef is cooked, drain off the fat.
- Add the water, macaroni noodles, and tomatoes to the skillet with the beef. Stir to mix them together.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning over the top of the mixture. Stir.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low.
- Let the mixture simmer, uncovered, until the noodles are tender. This will take 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and add the cheese.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.