- 1 onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 pound ground beef, lean
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- Wash your hands well with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Peel and dice onion.
- Rinse and dice bell pepper and celery.
- Heat a medium or large pot over medium-high heat, add ground beef, onion, bell pepper, and celery. Stir mixture and cook until beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain beef and vegetable mixture and return to the pot.
- Add water, rice, paprika, salt, and pepper to the pot and bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer until rice is tender and liquid has been absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.