- 1 pound Brussels sprouts
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Wash the Brussels sprouts. Pull off any dirty outer leaves. Cut off the end of the stems.
- Cut large sprouts in half the long way. Leave small ones whole.
- Place the sprouts into a large plastic bag.
- Pour the oil over the sprouts. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper (optional).
- Shake the Brussels sprouts with the oil and seasoning in the plastic bag to coat.
- Spread the sprouts in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Put the sprouts in the oven. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Stir the sprouts. Bake for 10 to 15 more minutes.
- The sprouts are done when they are tender and brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Drizzle the lemon juice over the sprouts.
- Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours.