- 1 16-ounce bag frozen chopped spinach
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon shredded cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Thaw the spinach in the microwave or under cool running water.
- Place the spinach in a strainer. Place the strainer in the sink. Squeeze as much water out of the spinach as you can.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl. Stir the eggs with a fork or whisk. Stir the eggs until they are all bright yellow.
- Add the cheese, onion powder, salt, and black pepper to the eggs. Stir until all the ingredients are mixed together well.
- Spray a medium-sized baking dish or a pan with high sides with nonstick cooking spray. The pan should be about 8 inches square. Make a light coating.
- Spread the dry spinach in the bottom of the baking dish. Make an even layer.
- Pour the egg mixture over the spinach.
- Stir gently to make sure the spinach is covered.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the eggs are done and the top is lightly browned.
- Carefully remove the pan from the oven.
- Cut the casserole into 6 equal pieces. Serve the casserole while it is hot.
- Refrigerate any leftovers within 2 hours.