- 1 pound dried red beans
- ¾ pound smoked turkey sausage
- 1 16 ounce package of chopped frozen vegetable mix (celery, bell pepper, onion)
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 7 cups water
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Rinse and wash beans in a colander according to package directions.
- Slice smoked turkey sausage into thin slices.
- Combine all ingredients in a 4-quart slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 7 hours or until beans are tender.
- Serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
NOTE: Can serve with instant brown rice. Serve with hot sauce if desired.