- 10 ounces onions and peppers, frozen and diced
- 1 pound lean ground beeef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup cracker crumbs
- ½ cup milk
- 2 Tablespoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Wash your hands well with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Thaw onions and peppers in refrigerator overnight and drain.
- Mix ground beef, onions and peppers, egg, cracker crumbs, milk, ketchup, mustard, salt, and pepper together in a medium mixing bowl. Once all ingredients are mixed, form a loaf and place in a baking dish just large enough to hold meatloaf or a 9 x 5 baking dish.
- Place the meatloaf in the oven and cook for 40 minutes.
- Drain any liquid off the meatloaf before adding the sauce.
- Mix ketchup, chili powder and garlic powder in a bowl. Top meatloaf with sauce and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.