- 1½ pounds (about 2 large) fresh sweet potatoes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Scrub the potatoes under cool water. Use a knife to cut off any bad spots. Do not peel them.
- Cut each potato in half the long way. Place each half cut-side down on a firm surface. Cut each half into 8 wedges or plank-size fries.
- Spread the potato planks evenly on the cookie sheet.
- Spray them with nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper evenly over the planks.
- Place the cookie sheet into the oven. Bake for about 20 to 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Remove the potato planks from the oven and serve.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.