- 1 15 ounce can black beans
- 1 15 ounce can pinto beans
- 1 15 ounce can sweet corn
- 1 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 12.5 ounce can chicken breast in water
- 1 10 ounce can green enchilada sauce
- 1 14 ounce can low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, or to taste
- 4 corn tortillas (optional)
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Drain and rinse black beans, pinto beans, and sweet corn and add to a large pot.
- Add diced tomatoes, canned chicken, enchilada sauce, chicken broth, and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil and then turn down to a simmer on low for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly coat both sides of each tortilla with oil and bake 8 – 11 minutes or until crisp. Stack tortillas and cut into strips. Top each soup serving with baked tortilla chips.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
NOTE: Can also prepare in slow cooker on low heat for 2 – 3 hours.
Use rotisserie chicken instead of canned if you prefer.