- 1 onion, medium
- 2 potatoes, medium
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups of tomato juice, low-sodium
- 2 cups beef broth, low-sodium
- 1 16 ounce package of frozen mixed vegetables (peas, carrots, corn, lima beans, etc.)
- 1 cup frozen sliced okra
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Peel and chop onion.
- Wash, peel, and cube potatoes.
- Place large stock pot on stove and set heat to medium-high. Add ground beef and onion to the pot. Cook until the ground beef is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
- Drain off the fat and return beef and onion mixture to the pot.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot. Bring soup to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 – 25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Serve immediately by itself or with your favorite sandwich or wrap.
- Refrigerate within 2 hours.
NOTE: To save time, use a frozen vegetable mix that includes potatoes.