- 1 ¼ pounds zucchini or yellow squash
- 2 teaspoons oil
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Line a large pan or cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Set it aside.
- Wash the squash. Trim ends and cut in half lengthwise. Then cut each piece into half moon pieces about ½ inch thick.
- Put the zucchini or squash pieces into a large plastic storage bag.
- Add the oil, garlic powder, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Shake the bag until the pieces are coated with oil and spices.
- Place the pieces in a single layer onto the pan lined with foil. Spread them out into an even layer.
- Put the pan in the oven. Bake for about 20 minutes. When the squash pieces are light brown and tender, but still a little crisp, they are done.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.