- 1 can (15 ounce) black beans, low sodium
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 1 bag (12 ounces) frozen onion and bell peppers mix
- 1 can (15 ounce) diced tomatoes, no salt added
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 1 tsp Cajun seasoning (HappyHealthy)
- 1 ½ cups instant brown rice
- 1 cup water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Drain and rinse beans.
- Heat large pot with lid over medium heat. Add oil.
- Sauté vegetable mix until tender, about 5-10 minutes. Stir occasionally to break apart.
- Add tomatoes, beans, garlic powder, lime juice, and Cajun seasoning. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Add rice to boiling mixture, stir to combine.
- Add water, stir, and reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 30 minutes, or until rice is tender and most liquid is absorbed, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat, let stand for 5 minutes.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.