- 2 boneless chicken breasts, each cut in half lengthwise to make 4 pieces
- 1-2 sweet potatoes (depending on size), washed, peeled, and cut into thick slices
- 1 14.5-ounce can green beans, drained (or frozen)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Cut washed and peeled sweet potatoes in half long ways. Place flat side down. Cut into slices.
- Lay four large pieces of aluminum foil on your work surface. Lay them out flat.
- On one piece of foil, divide the sweet potato pieces and the green beans between packets.
- Put one piece of chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Sprinkle the Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt over the top of the chicken and veggies.
- Fold the foil up over the chicken and veggies. Fold the edges together to make a sealed packet.
- Repeat steps 4 through 8 for the other three pieces of foil. You will have four foil packets.
- Place the foil packets on a large baking sheet and place in the oven.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, until the chicken is completely cooked.
- Check temperature of chicken with meat thermometer. Make sure it is completely cooked. It should be 165°F.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.