- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 Tablespoon black pepper
- 8 catfish fillets (about 4 ounces each)
- 2 Tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Use a spoon or brush to coat the foil with oil.
- Put the cornmeal and black pepper in a shallow dish or plate. Mix with hands.
- Press each fillet into the cornmeal mixture. Make sure both sides are coated.
- Place the coated fillets onto the foil-covered baking sheet. Place them rounded-side up.
- Sprinkle the Cajun seasoning mixture on top of the fillets.
- Drizzle the melted butter over the top of the fillets.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven.
- Bake for 30 minutes. The fillets are done when the crust is golden brown and the fish flakes with a fork.
- Serve the fillets while they are hot.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.