Quick and Easy Breakfast
It’s absolutely true—breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A healthy breakfast:
- Helps adults focus at work or children focus at school
- Promotes good health
- Improves memory and concentration
- Breakfast together can be a shared food time for the family
It’s easy to give your family breakfast that’s:
- Time saving
There are lots of recipe options for breakfast at home or on the go:
- Egg dishes
- Whole grain options
- Fruit and vegetable specialties
Make an Omelet in a Mug. It only takes about 2 minutes!
- Spray the inside of a large, microwave-safe mug lightly with cooking spray
- Crack 1 large egg into mug
- Add grated cheese and other extras such as chopped red bell pepper or chives
- Add a sprinkle of sale and pepper
- Stir with a fork until well mixed
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds
- Remove from microwave and stir with a fork
- Return to microwave and cook for another 20-30 seconds
Add eggs to sauteed vegetables and spoon into tortillas to make quick breakfast tacos, burritos or quesadillas.
WHOLE GRAIN OPTIONS
Oatmeal is #1! Go to HappyHeathy.ms for our “Oatmeal Your Way” video for lots of delicious new ideas.
Make toast extra special:
- Use whole grain bread
- Spread peanut butter on the toast
- Add your favorite toppings:
FRUIT AND VEGETABLE OPTIONS
- There are several popular recipes on HappyHeathy.ms for you to try
- “Berry Blast Off” combines fresh fruit with yogurt for a quick breakfast
- For something special for your family, make this HappyHeathy recipe:
BREAKFAST BANANA SPLIT
Makes 1 serving; 8 ounces each serving
- 1 small to medium banana
- ¼ cup oat or whole wheat cereal
- ¼ cup low-fat yogurt
- 3 medium strawberries
- 12 blueberries
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- Wash your hands well with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Peel banana, cut in half, and place in a bowl.
- Top banana with yogurt and cereal.
- Wash and cut strawberries into small pieces and add to the top of the yogurt.
- Wash blueberries and add to the top of the yogurt.
- Drizzle honey on top of fruit.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.
- Go to HappyHealthy.ms to check out these quick and easy breakfast recipes:
- Omelet in a Mug
- Egg and Spinach Casserole
- French Toast with Fruit
- Berry Blast Off
- Breakfast Banana Split