How to Roast Vegetables
1 to 2 pounds of any vegetable
1 Tablespoon oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
- Wash your hands well with soap and hot water.
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Wash vegetables under cold running water.
- Drain vegetables in colander.
- Cut vegetables into bite-size pieces, all about the same size.
- Place vegetables in large bowl or plastic bag.
- Pour oil on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Stir or shake until all vegetables are coated with oil, salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetables on baking sheet in an even layer.
- Place baking sheet in oven. Cook soft vegetables 20-25 minutes. Cook hard vegetables 30 minutes or longer.
- Check vegetables and turn once. Cook longer if you need to.
- Vegetables are done if soft when stuck with a fork.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.