One of the easiest ways to plan ahead is to cook extra meats or whole grains and use them in different recipes.
Always label and date leftovers before freezing.
Cook Once, Eat Twice Food Examples:
- Cook extra chicken breasts or thighs
- Cover and refrigerate or freeze meat
- Serve our Easy Chicken Pot Pie recipe the first night
- Make our Chicken Salad the next night
- Or Chicken Noodle Soup (coming soon!) or Chicken Taco Soup
Beef or Pork
- Cook our Beef Stew (coming soon!)
- Cover and refrigerate or freeze stew
- Serve the stew the first night
- Use stew to top a baked potato for the second meal
- Make our Slow Cooker Pulled Pork for the first meal
- Serve it again on a bun or in a wrap
- Our Slow Cooker Pork Loin (coming soon!) is a delicious family meal
- The leftovers are great added to a salad
Whole Grain Pasta
- Cook extra macaroni or spaghetti
- Cover or refrigerate or freeze pasta
- Serve our Spaghetti with Meat Sauce the first night
- Prepare pasta salad for the second meal
- Or toss roasted vegetables with the spaghetti
Discover lots of ways to be creative with recipes and leftovers to keep your family HappyHealthy!