- 1 tablespoon oil, divided
- 12 ounces frozen peas and carrots (or other frozen vegetables)
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 3½ cups cold cooked rice
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon sesame oil (optional)
- Wash your hands well with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add frozen vegetables to skillet and season with garlic powder and ground ginger. Cook stirring occasionally until vegetables soften, about 5 minutes. Longer for larger vegetables.
- Add rice to skillet and stir to mix ingredients. Let mix sit in skillet for 2 to 3 minutes so that rice begins to brown, stir and let sit for another 2 to 3 minutes. Use a spatula to push vegetable and rice mixture to the edge of the skillet so that there is an empty circle in the middle.
- Add remaining teaspoon of oil to empty circle in the middle of the skillet and add 4 slightly beaten eggs. Let sit for 1 to 2 minutes until eggs begin to cook through, then stir eggs into the mixture.
- Add soy sauce and stir.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.