- 2 (10 ounce) cans chicken, low sodium
- 1 medium onion
- 1 T vegetable oil
- 2 (15 ounce) cans low sodium cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups plain yogurt (or non-fat sour cream)
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- Vegetable Oil Cooking Spray
- 5 cups cooked instant brown rice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Wash your hands well with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Drain chicken.
- Peel and cut onion into small pieces.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and onions to pan. Sauté onions until golden brown, 5-10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine soup, yogurt, and salsa. Stir to combine. Add 1 cup cheese, chicken, and sautéed onions. Stir to combine.
- Spray a 9 x 13 casserole dish with vegetable oil cooking spray. Pour mixing bowl contents into casserole dish. Top dish with ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
- While dish bakes, prepare rice according to package instructions. Serve Fiesta Cheesy Chicken over rice.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.