Quick and Easy Snacks
Snacks are important. Healthy snacks are good for you:
- Improve health
- Stop food cravings
- Improve your mood
- Manage hunger
How to Make Healthy Snacks a Habit
- Keep healthy snacks on hand
- Prepare them ahead of time and take them to work or school
- Plan so you can avoid buying unhealthy sweet and salty snacks at the convenience or grocery store
- Have snacks available if you get hungry between meals
There are lots of options for healthy snacks:
- Fresh canned or frozen fruits
- Fresh, canned or frozen vegetables
- Low-fat milk or yogurt
- Whole grains
- Nuts and seeds
The Quickest Healthy Snacks Brown Bag Popcorn
- Make it in the microwave
- No oil needed
1/3 cup popcorn kernels
1 medium brown paper bag
Seasoning to taste
- Add popcorn to the bag
- Fold the top of the bag over twice
- Place bag in microwave
- Microwave on high for 1½ to 2 ½ minutes until the popping has a 1-second gap between pops.
- Remove the bag. Caption: be careful, the bag may be hot.
- Season with your favorite spices
Hummus and Fresh Vegetables
Plan on having vegetables cut up and stored in the refrigerator to enjoy with dip.
Go to HappyHealthy.ms and check out our recipe for “Hummus Spread.” Serve with colorful assortment of fresh vegetables for dipping:
- Bell peppers
Find these easy recipes on HappyHealthy.ms:
- Baked Tortilla Chips
- Fruit Salsa
- Homemade Salsa Your Way
Try these Energy Bites for your family!
Makes 4 servings; 3 pieces each serving
- 1 cup oats (old fashion or instant)
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- Wash your hands well with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Add oats, peanut butter, and honey to a bowl and mix until ingredients are combined. Place the bowl in refrigerator for 30 minutes. This will make rolling the balls easier.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out mixture and then roll into a ball with your hands. Repeat until mixture is gone, should make about twelve balls.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.