How To: Build Your Own Pizza
Step 1-The Crust: Choose your favorite crust—try something different!
• English Muffins
Step 2—The Sauce
• Spaghetti Sauce
• Pizza Sauce
Step 3—The Toppings: Here’s where it gets creative—what’s your favorite combination?
• Ground Beef
• Grilled Chicken
Step 4—The Cheese: Sprinkle these on!
Step 5—The Herbs and Spices: The finishing touch—top it off!
• Black Pepper
• Red Pepper Flakes
Make it your way! A great way to involve children in preparing a snack or meal. Here’s a little something HappyHealthy!
- 2 whole wheat English muffins
- 4 Tablespoons tomato sauce
- 6 Tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- ½ cup vegetables or cooked meat cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash your hands well with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Open English muffins and place halves on a baking pan. Toast muffins for about 5 minutes.
- Remove muffins from oven and spread 1 Tablespoon sauce on each muffin half.
- Add 1 Tablespoon cheese to each muffin half.
- Add 2 Tablespoons toppings of your choice, then top with another ½ Tablespoon cheese.
- Place baking pan in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Let mini pizzas cool for a couple of minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.