Trying New Foods
Your child may find it hard to try new foods, which is very normal. The following are tips to help your child explore new foods:
- Small portions first. Let children try small portions of food until they warm up to it.
- One food at a time. Offer only one new food at a time so your child doesn’t become overwhelmed.
- Be a role model. Try new foods yourself to encourage your child. Make sure to describe the food to your child.
- New foods first. At the beginning of a meal, children are hungrier. This is the time to serve new foods.
- It takes time. It can take children many tries before they warm up to a new food. Don’t stop trying.