How to Prepare Winter Squash for Cooking
Choose your favorite from many types of winter squash
- Spaghetti Squash
- Acorn Squash
- Butternut Squash
- Wash your hands with soap and hot water.
- You need:
- Cutting board
- Large sharp chef knife
- Cut a thin piece off bottom or side of squash to keep squash from rolling.
- If recipe says to peel squash, peel it in thin strips with knife.
- Cut squash in half. Be careful to keep knife from slipping and cutting your hand.
- Use spoon to take out seeds. Discard seeds.