- 2 14.5-ounce can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 bell pepper
- ½ large onion
- 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons fresh cilantro (optional)
- Wash your hands well with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Drain tomatoes and add to a medium bowl.
- Wash bell pepper.
- Dice the pepper and add to bowl with other ingredients.
- Peel the onion. Dice onion and add to bowl with other ingredients
- Roll lime on cutting board to soften. Cut lime in half. Squeeze juice over ingredients.
- Add garlic, cumin, and salt to bowl.
- Mix ingredients with large spoon or spatula.
- Wash fresh cilantro. Pat dry with a paper towel. Remove leaves and tear or cut into small pieces. Add to salsa mixture and stir.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.