- 1½ pounds sirloin or round steak (or any thinner, leaner cut of beef that is on sale and can be cut into strips)
- 20–24 ounces frozen peppers and onions
- 3 Tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 14–14.5 ounce can low sodium beef broth
- 3 cups cooked brown rice
- Wash your hands well with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Trim fat and cut beef into ½–1 inch strips. Add beef, and frozen bell peppers and onions to slow cooker.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, pepper and beef broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 5–6 hours until steak is cooked through.
- Follow package directions to cook rice. Serve peppers and steak over ½ cup cooked rice.
- Refrigerate leftovers within 2 hours.