Storing Food at Room Temperature
- Cooked foods should not remain at room temperature for more than two hours. The sooner you can get it in the refrigerator or freezer, the better.
- Some foods, such as apples, can be left at room temperature and can be stored for 3–4 days.
- Food should not be left out in a pan/casserole dish on the stove to cool. It needs to be in the refrigerator as soon as possible.
- Some foods can be left at room temperature and stored on the counter-top or in cupboards in covered containers.
- Bread can be left on the counter in its original packaging, but it will keep longer if kept in the refrigerator. Bread can also be stored in the freezer to keep it for use at a later time.